Top Ads One Liner

Hiking at Taman Negara

Just before the year 2012 started, I was able to visit another island from Malaysia comparable to Singapore -- Penang Island.

My friend fetched me at Sungai Nibong Terminal, shortly as I arrived 7:40 in the morning. I had a few sleep around 10-hours travel via bus from Singapore to Penang but soon as we got to her place, I was with high spirits that I just wanted to go out and start the great weekend. We began touring her place which I eventually fell in love with.


in the pool

We walked around their neighborhood and along the coast of Peninsular Malaysia where we can get a view of the Penang Bridge connecting to the mainland, Seberang Perai. The bridge is where the biggest run in the country is held every year. Also, nearby is Queensbay Mall, the currently largest retail asset development on Penang Island.


First Activity
By 2:30 PM, we were on the road for 30 minutes from Bayan Lepas to Georgetown, the central terminal which is gateway to famous tourist destinations like Taman Negara. From Georgetown, we boarded Bus 101 for an hour to get to Taman Negara. It costs MYR3.40. Taman Negara which means national park in Malay is world's oldest tropical rainforest. Indeed, hiking is our way of prepping up for our next day activity. (to follow on my next posts)

We took the trail for three hours and ended at Teluk Duyung or Monkey Beach. We went back using a speedboat for MYR20 in 5 minutes. (I dunno what just happened. lol)

Before getting back home we dropped by Batu Feringghi for a Thai dinner. This place is where you can see the tourists and most foreigners at night for bars, restaurants and souvenir stores. It is famous for its Night Market.

4 comments:

ZaiZai said...

ganda naman dyan sean! :)

Henry said...

I smell adventure in this place.

ardee sean said...

@zaizai: yup.. love the nature trip.. :P

ardee sean said...

@henry: indeed.. :P