Top Ads One Liner

Weekend Getaway To Bintan

My travel syndrome (or whatever you call it) struck me again just a few weeks before I head back home for a long Christmas holiday vacation. As the weekend approached, I asked my friends to join me this weekend to go for an escapade and without hesitation, they were up for it. Sounding like they have been wanting to wind and relax for a long time.



About forty five minutes to one hour from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal is Bintan, an island of Indonesia. This eagle welcomed us as soon as we get to the Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal in Bintan, where our bus is waiting. This land transfer is included in our resort accommodation which I will mention on my upcoming posts.



I was just so eager to see the beach that I immediately ran straight to the beach front after we finished the reception matters. (I just left my things at the reception first) I looked around the place and I felt the same wow-feeling when I go on trips. The above picture was shot and posted at my instagram instantly. (hahah)


All the time I was thinking about the moment, to be my summer of the year since I never had any outing or travel until the last quarter. I was sorting things out for the first three quarters and making a career overseas. But this time is beach time. So off I went to enjoy a splash before taking any activities for the day.


I went back to the resort's restaurant for lunch. We paid our bills using Singapore dollars, actually, we used the currency for our whole stay in Bintan. I can say, there is calmness over the place where you can just lay down under the tree and take a nap. Just so nice to sleep after a bountiful meal.


But that time, there was a kite festival going on which I will also tell you about it on my next post. (so, skip the sleeping under the tree. LOL) I also noticed that the resort have a water sports station offering a variety of water activities which one can truly enjoy.


I just took the whole day watching the locals and other countries fly their kites while I took the photo shots and walks around the place. We met some friends over the place and while they were out in the open having snacks and reading some books, I took the picture shown above.


It is such a quiet place that gives you the feeling of coming back each and everytime you want to relax and have a peace of mind.

Getting There
You alight at MRT Tanah Merah Terminal (EW4 Greenline)
Get a taxi going to ferry terminal for about 10 minutes that will cost around 7SGD.
For ferry tickets, you can book online via http://www.brf.com.sg.

20 comments:

Chyng said...

kala ko indonesia eh. i-clsoed ko sana agad. hehe

Mac Callister said...

ganda diyan!

thepinaysolobackpacker said...

looks like a serene beach! that's in Indonesia right?

Pinoy Adventurista said...

what a lovely sight! i like how uou captured it! thanks for sharing! ^_^

ardee sean said...

@chyng: dun nga cia.. glad nothing bad happened.. heard about yours, sorry..

ardee sean said...

@Mac Callister: truly.. :P

ardee sean said...

@thepinaysolobackpacker: yes po, it's indonesia.. :)

ardee sean said...

@Pinoy Adventurista: thanks po.. ;)

Obat Pembesar said...

postingan yang bagus....

ardee sean said...

@Obat Pembesar: terima kasih..

escape said...

places like this i can stay for 3months.

Aneuk Aceh said...

nice post.....

Henry said...

Ang dami na nagbabakasyon sa beach, ako na lang yata hindi pa. Nice place!

pusangkalye said...

so kailangang naka-leather bag pag bumi-beach?hahaha

Michael said...

Hey RD, nice post! Thanks for sharing. Cool place! ☺

ardee sean said...

@dong ho: wow, talaga.. gusto ko rin ma-experience yung ganun.. :P

ardee sean said...

@Aneuk Aceh: thanks,.. :P

ardee sean said...

@Henry: tara na, summer na!! :D

ardee sean said...

@pusang kalye: hahaha... oo naman, bakit ba.. jan ako naglalagay ng cam.. :P

ardee sean said...

@Michael: thanks, mike.. ;)