Top Ads One Liner

Pinoy Wins 21K Sundown Event 2012

I was already at the venue by nine thirty in the evening of Sunday when I saw a big crowd building up at Nicoll Highway. Everyone seems to be ready to light of the citeeh.. Yeah, I am talking about the run event at Sundown 2012.



There were 28,000 runners and 75 countries. I joined the 10km marathon.

So again, I did not have any jogging or exercise prior to this event. Flags off at ten thirty. I was doing okay for the first five kilometers. I ran nonstop and I did not need water. However, for the succeeding kilometers, I was. I had to slow down and stop at the hydration station once in awhile to take a sip of water. I was so tired really.

Anyways, as I approached towards the finish, I felt relieved. I've done it once again. My statistics went better with a gun time of 1 hour and 7 minutes and chip time of 1 hour and 6 minutes. Stats from my previous Run 350 for Earth was 1 hour and 17 minutes.

While, I am rejoicing about this, there are two fellow Pinoys who must be more proud. For the 21km category, Filipinos reigned victorious. Mary Joy Tabal, 22, from the Philippines finished the 21km marathon at 1 hour and 25 minutes which made her the winner of this category. Also Mary's coach, John Philip Dueñas, 25, won the 21km Male category at 1 hour and 14 minutes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Congrats! :D

ardee sean said...

@Tago Fabic: tanx pow.. ;)