Top Ads One Liner

Al Gore and Oskar Schindler

Yes, I just recently viewed these films on earlier posts.
[1] An Inconvenient Truth
[2] Schindler's List

'An Inconvenient Truth' was recommended by one of my colleagues last year, but only this long weekend that I entered the video shop once again and accidentally bump into the CDs ON SALE at National Bookstore. Actually, I bought 3 CDs (1) An Inconvenient Truth (2) Pursuit of Happyness (3) Life or Something Like It. I've already watch the other two, but you see, I bought them because I like them. And those I really wanted, are on my buy list. I believe they are worth that's why I don't really support CD piracy. It's a crime. Though I really collect CDs.

Schindler's List, I've known this for a long time and I did have a copy of this since then, but it just stucked up in my cabinet. Anyways I don't wanna go on to further details.I just wanna highlight this post with this two men, Al Gore and Oskar Schindler.

Al Gore as we all know, was the Democratic nominee for president in the 2000 election but settled in favor of George W. Bush by the Supreme Court. Though there was a loss in his political career, he continued his quest and strucked the world with an eye-opening and compelling view of the future of our planet - and our civilization. And because of this, he shares the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change. Nothing more to say. Truly his film 'an inconvenient truth' is important and a wake-up call. Go get some friends and share it.

Oskar Schindler credited with saving almost 1,200 Jews during the Holocaust, by having them work in his enamelware and ammunitions factories located in Poland and what is now the Czech Republic. In the end (Schindler's List), he still had guilt feelings because he could have saved more people if he had traded back his luxury car and his gold-plated pin. He had done everything he can, the list he had was LIFE and that act he did is so honoured.

What do this two have in common? Well, they both changed their ways and made a BIG DIFFERENCE in their own passion to their generation.

I start to think how could I make a difference too, I believe I was given unique ways for that - it's just in me to find out and use it. We do have our own little ways 'coz we've been made for it.

5 comments:

Mec said...

we need not do great things... just little things with great love...

M A K R E said...

papa ardee. borrow ng pursuit of happiness Y_Y

Thad said...

Hi Ardee! I linked you = )

Anonymous said...

ganyan pala hitsura ni al gore

Anonymous said...

Al Gore almost became the president of the US. I don't think he'll win the Nobel Prize if he were President.